Life Without Limbs has built its social community features and logon access around Facebook’s "Facebook Connect" interface. We think that you will really enjoy the Facebook interaction and the sense of Community that this brings to the site.
Once you are authenticated by Facebook to join the Life Without Limbs community you can –
- Leave comments on stories
- Participate in user Forums
- Post stories and comments back to your Wall for your friends to enjoy
- See and connect with other Facebook users who have joined the iamviable community
- Invite friends to join Life Without Limbs
- Request to be a friend of someone you meet on the Life Without Limbs site (but they don’t have to say yes :).
In the future we anticipate that Life Without Limbs will be able to-
- Automatically post occasional 1 line stories (links) to your wall when we have new stories we think most people will be interested in. We do not plan on doing this with every story, we will use Twitter for that. Also, you will be able to turn this off on the Facebook side if it annoys you (we hope not).
For those who are not current Facebook users - it is easy to set up a new Facebook account, just hit the button and select the “Sign Up for Facebook” link on the bottom of the page. Please contact us at email@example.com, if you have any questions that are not answered below.
1. Why does Life Without Limbs ask permission to send me e-mails to my Facebook account. Ans: We don’t actually see or get your e-mail address, even when you grant permission. We have to go through Facebook to send you a message, and you can turn this off on the Facebook side if we annoy you (we won’t). But, if you don’t give us permission now and something major changes in the future with Life Without Limbs we would have no other way to let you know about it.
2. Does Life Without Limbs see my Facebook User ID, password, or e-mail address. Ans: No, Facebook does all of the account authorization for us. The screen that asks you to Login is a Facebook screen, we do not have access to any of your Facebook account login information. They just give us a profile ID, and tell us that you logged in successfully via Facebook.
3. I see that my profile picture is displayed in the Community section of Life Without Limbs do you store that picture on Life Without Limbs? Ans: No your picture is coming from Facebook’s servers and is your current profile picture.
4. Can other people see my Facebook profile information via Life Without Limbs? Ans: Yes and No. When someone clicks on your profile picture they jump to Facebook’s web site. If they are one of your Facebook friends then they will see what they always can see; if they are not one of you friends they can only see what your non-friends can see.
5. Does joining Life Without Limbs automatically give me any new Facebook friends? Ans: No, it is not like joining a network, any new friends requests you might get from other Life Without Limbsmembers have to be approved by you.
6. Can I leave the Life Without Limbs community? Ans: Yes, but when you do we will have to delete all of your comments, forum posts etc. We are working on putting an option on your profile page to “Disassociate With Life Without Limbs”, but that is not available yet. In the meantime, if you want us to take you out of the community just go the the Forums section and send a Private Message (PM) to admin.